Become a Vendor
To become a Hardin County Farmer's Market vendor, please fill out and submit the form below. We look forward to having you join us at the market!
HARDIN COUNTY FARMERS'S MARKET
2015 RULES AND REGUATIONS
- The Hardin County Farmers market is a producer-only market. You must be a producer (maker of the product you are selling) in order to be a member of the Hardin County Farmers Market. Any member in good standing may act as a sales representative for another individual provided that the other individual is also a member of the market and is bound by the market rules. This is a temporary arrangement in the event a member may have to be absent from the market and that member finds another member to sell his/her produce. It is NOT intended to be a permanent sales arrangement. If a member sells another member’s produce, that produce must be labeled as such.
- ALL new producers wanting to join the market must be voted on by the full market membership at a regular meeting or by the full Board of Directors. The Hardin County Farmer's Market reserves the right to refuse membership to anyone.
- Membership dues for the year 2015 will be assessed at $120 per year which will include an 8 foot space. Additional space may be purchased at $15.00 a foot up to 18 feet per membership, (12 foot maximum for new members). Outdoor membership is $120.00 and includes a 12 foot space. There will be a $10.00 set-up fee per week. These fees and dues are used to pay rent, insurance, advertising, electricity, water and general upkeep of the market area.
- Membership dues are due no later than May 1st. New member applications shall be accepted until May 1st. No member, new or current, may join the market after May 1st, unless that producer is deemed to be an asset (has produce not currently available) to the market and must be voted on by the membership or Board of Directors. Members MUST fill out an application form before setting up at the market.
- Once booth space has been assigned, you will be guaranteed that space each year and throughout the year. Booth spaces are assigned by seniority.
- Products for sale are those products- vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants, animal products, and other agricultural products-produced on land the member owns or leases. With the appropriate license, value-added baked goods may be sold, provided they are correctly labeled. Honey and molasses may be sold but require a prominently displayed label. All other value added items must be recommended by the value-added committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Small fragile fruits must be sold in approved berry boxes and must be given with the fruit to the customer. This is to protect the integrity of the market.
- NO LIVE ANIMALS ARE ALLOWED in the market except for service animals on a case-by case basis.
- It is up to the individual vendor to set prices for their produce depending on quality and freshness.
- Market days are Wednesday beginning at 11:00 a.m. and Saturday beginning at 7:00 a.m. The farmers market season begins the first Saturday in May and ends the last Saturday in October.
- Any member whose conduct is deemed to be inconsistent with or detrimental to the objectives of the Hardin County Farmer’s Market may be expelled from the organization by a two-thirds majority vote of the Board of Directors. Written notice will be provided before the member is expelled.
- Anyone selling produce that is not grown by a member of the Hardin County Farmer's Market will be subject to permanent suspension from the market.
- The Hardin County Farmer's Market may inspect any members' growing sites to insure that produce being sold is grown by that member. The member will be notified at least one day prior and should be present at the time of inspection.
- Each member shall be responsible for complying with all applicable state and local laws, regulations and requirements.